As a makeup enthusiast, staring at my growing makeup collection makes me happy. That I sometimes forget they have a shelf life too! I know how hard it is to chuck some from your precious collection but just think how your skin will benefit from this. Expired makeup can make your skin break out. All your efforts (like sticking to a skincare routine, religiously removing your makeup before you hit the sack, following a proper diet and cleaning your makeup brushes) are useless if you neglect throwing what needs to be thrown. Do your skin good and it will be good to you!
- change in smell (presence of pungent smell or smells different from when you first opened it)
- change in color (color may fade or darken from original color)
- change in consistency or texture (it may thicken or dry)
- presence of oil glaze on powders
- Creams (foundations, blushes, bronzers, highlighters & eyshadows): 18 months
- Powders (foundations, blushes, bronzers & highlighters & eyeshadows): 2 years
- Oil-free makeup: 1 year
- Pencils (Eyeliners & Lippliners: 2 years
- Concealer(Liquid or Cream): 12-18 months
- Liquid/Gel Eyeliners: 3-6 months
- Mascara: 3 months
- Lipsticks: 2 years
- Lip glosses: 18-24 months
Lovelies, do you follow expiration dates to a "T"?
Well, I sometimes do, sometimes don't. haha