Monday, August 27, 2012

August Haul: Foundations

I am a very conservative type of makeup enthusiast. The farthest I'd go for color on an everyday basis would be bright blushes. I don't wear eyeshadow or even mascara to work (I do so only on special occasions). For my lips, I'd go for lip balm or balm stains. Plain Jane me! haha

Given that, what I usually have in my haul are those that perfect the skin or make it look polished rather than adding color to it. I LOVE to experiment with foundations! I know hauling foundations is not practical because I need to finish one in about 1-2yrs before they expire but that's just my preference. I'll splurge for a that polished look than bright looks. 

Well this month I have chanced upon 4 foundations. 

Here's my August Foundation Haul...

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in Intensity 2.0

One thing I can say, DON'T BUY THIS FOUNDATION! Well, I love the regular EL Double Wear Foundation. Suffice to say, it is my HG Long wearing Foundation with a medium to full coverage and a demi-matte finish. So I expected a lot from this one because it is from the same line. Unfortunately, it is nothing I imagined it to be. :( I have an oily skin and this just seeps into my fine lines and highlighted the super-micro-mini-nano-pico lines I have (see its good in your flaws stand out! what a nice foundation haha)! I can't imagine how much horrible it would look if I had a dry skin. Adding to that, it looks ashy on my face. I have to keep this in my stash and maybe some other time, find some love for it. haha

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in 220 Nude

Hands down to this foundie! I have a review for this and I won't tell more. Just read its awesomenesss in my review. I also have an ongoing giveaway for this one, join now! haha

Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation in 974
This by far is the perfect shade match of foundation for me. Super yellow-based. I will be reviewing it in one of my next blog posts. I am pretty sure I got the one for oily skin as the SA helped me pick out this foundation but its is a big NO for sebum control. Anyways, not much of a problem because I can powder that shiny face! Have to stopped babbling about this and will continue on the review itself. haha

MAC Pro Longwear SPF10 Foundation in NC20

From my recent blog post, you would know my HG EL Double Wear may soon meet its rival Long Wearing Foundation from MAC. Still not sure but in time will see... ;)

So that's it for my foundation haul. I ought to inlcude the other products I bought for this month of August but this will be one hell of a post If I will. haha I have so many things to write about but I am distracted by a game I am playing with my boyfriend. Hey, its not DOTA! hahaha 

I hope you enjoyed this mini haul and let me know if you want a monthly haul post. Next month will be my birthday month so I think I will be doing a birthday haul and a series of mini giveaways each week of September! haha

As always, thank you so much for dropping by my blog even if you only scan through the photos and X your way out. hahahaha I truly understand because I am sometimes that way too when searching for reviews! But just so you know I allot time to write my post kasi nakakahiya naman to have 'puchu-puchu' post for the lovely ladies who visit my bloggeroo. hahaha

What have you been hauling most lately?

Love,
Anna


PS

I don't have a stiff neck just because my photos were not straight, products tend to lean to the right side. haha




1 comment:

  1. I'm such a huge lippy fan... Each month I make it a point to have a minimum of two new lippies. I know it's not a wise thing to do as some of them expire one to two years after being opened (I currently have 26 lippies, one lip & cheek stain, two lip balms and a lip glaze) but there's something about my collection that calms me. Like when I'm in a bad mood or super tired, I just open my makeup case and then bibidibobidiboo! I'm okay. And I find applying lippies relaxing, it comes next to reading books in my Stress Busters list. But recently, I've been interested in foundies and eye makeup. I had to buy a set of brushes so I can complete my "experiment" and after a couple of practice, I can say that I've a become pretty decent in those area (face and eye makeup application). So I guess my next hauls would involve those kind of makeups, hehehe. :D

    ReplyDelete