Tuesday, August 7, 2012

New MAC Counter at Eastwood Mall + Mini MAC Haul





So I went to Eastwood to have coffee and to hangout a while ago. And what greeted me when I entered Eastwood Mall is a MAC Counter. I always go there but it was my first time seeing it. Tweeted about this MAC Counter and a friend asked where in Eastwood it is because she was there yesterday and didn't saw one. I think its MAC's first day at Eastwood Mall. It's just a temporary counter but the SA told me that they're fixing some stuff for their permanent store there. 

MAC is at Eastwood Mall and it's there to stay. :)

I took the chance to browse and bought some stuff, a blush and two lipsticks that I'm meaning to get a for loooong time ago. I don't know why I just didn't bother checking on MAC when I go to Rustan's. I usually check other brands. And of course, the lazy me just preorder stuff online and have it delivered to my doorstep. haha

So much of the ramble, here's my mini haul...

MAC Sheertone Blush in Pinch O' Peach


I have seen this blush from beauty guru, Allison (Amarixe in Youtube). From then, I started reading reviews and the swatches I saw were really nice. This is a dark peachy pink.

MAC Lipstick in Half 'n Half

Half 'n Half has an amplified finish.

So far this is the best nude lipstick I have found that suits my skintone very well (by the way, I am an NC27-30). It's very hard to find a good nude lipstick that won't make you look like a corpse and I guess this is the one for me. 

MAC Lipstick in Chili

Chili has a matte finish.

Comparison of MAC Chili (left) and Ruby Woo (right)

This shade is very similar to MAC Ruby Woo. Only difference is that Ruby Woo has a bluish undertone and Chili has a brown undertone. If you have a cool skintone, Ruby Woo will pop on your skin and if you have a warm undertone, Chili will suit you better. For us (morena girls), I think Chili will complement our skin tone. 

That's it! I'm sorry I wasn't able to take a picture of the MAC Counter at Eastwood Mall. Anyway, its just a temporary counter. You can find it at the main entrance of the mall and it's near Beauty Bar. The temporary counter's area is decent and not too small so you will not miss it. I'll update you when the permanent store opens.

If you want me to review any of these, please reach me at the comment section below. 

At what MAC Counter do you shop (where I mean) ? ;)

Love,
Anna



4 comments:

  1. amazing lipstick colours! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Alina! Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will try MAC Half n' half! :) Have you tried Faux? It's also a bit nude but with a hint of pink and mauve. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! I haven't tried MAC Faux. Googled it and that's a lovely nudey pink lipstick. Is it a permanent shade? Will see on my next visit to the MAC counter. haha Thanks for dropping by my blog! ;)

      Delete