Friday, August 10, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains


So from my recent post, I went ahead and purchased 6 Balm Stains from the newly launched Revlon lip product. They came out locally first day of August 2012.

Here are my picks...

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains
(L-R: 015 Cherish / Devotion, 025 Sweetheart / Valentine, 020 Lovesick / Passionnee, 040 Rendezvous / Rendez-Vous, 030 Smitten / Eprise, 045 Romantic / Romantique)



Since purchase, I have worn them all (of course, at different times! haha). And I can describe them in one word: SUPERB! 

How can I put this simply without downplaying it? I can say that they are lip balms that stain, that simple. But by also saying that, does not give them enough justice. Because what we probably know is that regular tinted lip balms (whatever the brand or shade) tend to be sheer. They also come off our lips easily. 

I am warning you, THESE ARE NOT YOUR REGULAR TINTED LIPBALMS. THESE ARE BALM STAINS.  Baume Colorant

Like your regular lip balms, they moisturize the lips and gives it a healthy sheen. But again unlike your regular lip balm, these doesn't come off easily. They stain the lips and give you a longer wear. 

For 575php, you get 2.7g of product in a plastic tube, looks like a chubby crayon. You twist the bottom and more product comes out of the tube. This is a retractable type so no sharpener needed. But don't be deceived by the packaging because product contained when popped out is not even half the length of the tube. Surprising, right? 

All the product there is in one tube

Will I recommend? YES for normal lips or occasionally dry lips. Not for chapped lips.

You get what you pay for because the balm stain formulation (which Revlon claims to be a gel formula) is worth the raves and hypes it is getting (that is in my opinion). The lightweight balm glides smoothly on the lips while leaving a stain that will lasts for hours. Also has a pepperminty taste that comes off a few minutes after application.

Don't get me wrong, I only claimed the stain to last but the moisture will come off an hour or so based on what I experienced. I don't have super chapped lips  but they do get dry depending on the weather.  Most of the times, they are on the normal state, no chapped skin or whatever (sorry I know that was kind of gross haha). I think the moisture is just an aid so you can apply the stain easily without making them drier or more chapped.

Now if you have a problem with chapped lips, you may need to reapply this balm stain more frequently. Or better yet just get the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter. They are more moisturizing but the color doesn't last long. The lip butters were once raved during their release. Both are amazing products but it depends on what you want more: lasting color (Balm Stain) or moisture (Lip Butter).

Side by side: Balm Stain & Lip Butter

From what I remember, they also released a Just Bitten Lip Stain+Balm before. But the stain and the balm are separated. You need to apply the stain first and then put the balm on. I get too lazy so I just pop the stain and neglect the balm. This made my lips very dry! With this product, one swipe will do! I think this newly released Balm Stain is an innovation of that. haha

Let's look at each shade...

015 Cherish / Devotion
A pale pink color that has a purple tone to it. Color will show perfectly on pale lips but will look purple rather than pink on pigmented lips. No shimmers.

025 Sweetheart / Valentine 
A vibrant pink color. Will be true to color on pale lips and will show as a dark pink on pigmented lips. No shimmers.

020 Lovesick / Passionnee
A fuchsia pink color. No problem on both pale and pigmented lips, will be true to color. Has tiny silver shimmers but will not show on lips.

040 Rendezvous / Rendez-Vous
A tangerine color. Will show as an orange on pale lips and red orange on pigmented lips. No shimmers.

030 Smitten / Eprise
A plum color. No problem on both pale and pigmented lips, will be true to color. No shimmers.

045 Romantic / Romantique
A dark red color that has a purple tone to it. Will show red on pale lips and a dark plumy red on pigmented lips. No shimmers.

SWATCHES
(L-R: 015 Cherish / Devotion, 025 Sweetheart / Valentine, 020 Lovesick / Passionnee, 030 Smitten / Eprise, 045 Romantic / Romantique, 040 Rendezvous / Rendez-Vous)

From my picks, I think the Sweetheart, Lovesick ad Smitten are really worth buying. If you want to purchase these for a lower price, check out Cosmetic Alley.  I got two of the shades from them and 4 from a local Revlon Counter.

I would like to know which of the two raved products do you prefer: Balm Stain or Lip Butter?

This is what's up next...

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup

Love,
Anna

PS
I apologize for the blurry photos. I tried adjusting the settings of my camera but to no avail, I just really can't figure it out by myself. I need to seek help from someone who knows how to put my camera on the right configuration for this kind of setting. :(

20 comments:

  1. ooohhh the orange tangerine shade of the balm is so gorgeous! :) cool swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! If you want something thats different to all the pinks or reds others wear, this is a good choice. Thanks for reading my post Nicole! ;)

      Delete
  2. great colors! I will be purchasing one of these too to try.. hehe.. i'll look for something peachy-pink kung meron..
    and wow! another giveaway!!! *sinister look* hehe..
    ^_^ Godbless you Ms.Anna! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is something worth buying! Great addition to your everyday makeup bag. Easy to apply, no mirror needed kind of makeup. Try your luck again dear! haha Thanks for ready my post Melda! ;)

      Delete
  3. Nice review! I really want to try this product. According to other reviews, it's actually almost like Tarte's Balm stains, only way cheaper! I like to try the red to plumy ones! Will get one soon, thanks for the amazing review! Anyway, I do the same on my blog, I just followed you, hope you check out mine too and hopefully follow back! Here it is: infiniteelegance.blogspot.com : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is way cheaper than the Tarte Balm Stains! Thanks for dropping by my blog Barbra! :)

      Delete
  4. It's pretty expensive for only that much product. I was choosing between this and the lip butters, and the lip butters one because they're more moisturizing. My lips chap easily, you see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering the content, this can be considered pretty expensive for a drugstore product. If you want a moisturizing one, it is a good coice to opt for the lp butters. Thanks for reading my post Dear! :)

      Delete
  5. uy didn't realize they're here na pala..but of course they've given them at higher prices. well. better than none. the swatches are gorg. :D thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Belle! That's usually the case with imported makeup products. They become available at the local market late and with a higher price.haha Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful makeup blog! The pictures are stunning (as are you). It would mean so much to me if you checked out my blog! :)

    Bianca
    www.lamodabianca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bianca! Thanks for the lovely comment and for dropping by my blog! Will visit yours too ;)

      Delete
  7. Hi Adele! Thanks for dropping by my blog! Will drop by yours. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, its like a rainbow of colour! I tried one of these in the shop, i cant remember which, and the colour pay-off was amazing! It glided on (i did only swatch it on my hand, but all the same)!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dolly! Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  9. i am excited for your another giveaway,.. i will purchase sweetheart... but i have already honey and cherish... so far i like the cherish...=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathrhine! Good for you! The cherish shade looked like purple instead of a pale pink on me (as I have pigmented lips). Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  10. I love these Balm stains must haves! thanks for your great review next thing came to my mind after reading this is to buy them. Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi tinriveta! Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  11. hi sis, u might like something from my shop fb: Palima Shop or instagram @palimashop

    ReplyDelete